Friday, November 13, 2009

EWARENESS: ONLINE RESOURCES AT FM

Google is great. I use it all the time. During the month of October we went beyond Google and explored some really cool websites. Do you know that all students with the Halton District School Board have access to a multitude of amazing online resources to help them with their school work? October was Ewareness month at Florence Meares. The grade 4 to 8 students had to opportunity to enter a contest by answering a few questions that required them to visit some of our online resources including World Book Online. Grolier Online is another super resource that students also have access to. The username and password are posted in the computer lab.

For a complete list of online database resources have a look at the Elementary Internet Tools website. Click on Information Databases on the left. If you are accessing these websites from home it may ask you for your library barcode number. Send me a quick email and I'll send you your barcode number so that you can access the sites from home. I have also compiled some Florence Meares Library Links that I know you will find useful.

I hope now students will think beyond Google when then are completing their homework and assignments. I know I will.

No comments: