Wednesday, December 2, 2009


I love a good infomercial. Oxi Clean, Sham Wow, and Slap Chop are just some of my favourites that come to mind. Melaine Watt is one of the most popular authors in the FM Library. I can't keep Chester and Scaredy Squirrel on the shelves. I don't think that Have I got a book for you! will be any different. Our main character employs almost every imaginable sales tactic to convince the reader to buy his book. Our Grade 2 and 3 students had a good laugh at the many uses of the main character's wares including door stopper and decorative hat (don't try this at home friends). If anyone asks me what I want for Christmas I'll for sure reply "The Book House"! Just remember, when you get to the end of the story you don't need to replace the book:-)

1 comment:

  1. Mrs. KP sent me an email today:

    Thanks, Mr. Cann, for letting me sit in the FM Library rocking chair once more & share this great book with students :~) I loved visiting and even though I love my new job, I will always treasure my time at FM cause, FM ROCKS!

    Missing FM, Love, Mrs. K.-P.

    ReplyDelete