Sunday, June 12, 2016
The summer is just around the corner. Keeping your brain in shape is just as important as going outside and enjoying the outdoors. Here is our yearly roundup of reading ideas to help get you through the summer so that you are ready for a new school year in September. Enjoy!
10. Visit your local library where you vacation this summer. Whether it's Bayfield, Ontario or Charlottetown, PEI, be sure to visit a new library this summer. It's a great way to spend some time especially if the weather is less than optimal.
9. Join a Summer Reading Program. The Burlington Public Library's theme for this year's Summer Reading Club is "Go Wild" and it runs from July 2nd to August 27th. All of the details can be found on page 19 of the BPL's Summer Guide. Check it out!
8. Visit the Find a Book section of the FM Library website in the Library Links section. There is lots of great online content to be found here.
7. Checkout an ebook or audiobook through Overdrive. Overdrive is running a Summer Reading Program that will allow simultaneous checkouts!
6. Check out a garage sale, flea market, or used book store. These places can be treasure troves for inexpensive, current books.
5. Check out Hoopla on your favourite device. Use your Burlington Library card to sign out music, books, and even movies.
4. Get together with your BFF (Best Friend Forever) and trade a book with them. Who knows, you might find out an author you never know before!
3. Check out HDSB Library Services Summer Reading List. This list is treasure trove of fantastic titles for younger students.
2. Use the FM Library catalogue to find an award winning book. Just click the "Search the FM Library">"Award Winners". Forest of Reading, Newbery and the CLA Book of the Year for Children winners can be found here.
1. Start a new book series to keep you going all summer long. Did you know there are well over 100 Rainbow Magic Fairy books? The "Time Warp Trio" series of book is a perennial favourite for boys.
I hope that everyone has a safe, fun, and adventure filled summer and remember KEEP READING :)